Monday, August 06, 2007

Spindle Turning


I took a bit of time in the shop today to answer a question from one of my web page readers about getting a block of wood for spindle turning. A lot of us have fire wood handy and a lot cheaper than buying a 3" square of turning wood. He was wondering what to do to get a turning square. Since I start with a chain saw, it was easier to make a movie than to take photos. So I put a movie up on YouTube. The easiest way to find it is to do a search on my name at Youtube. I am working on how to post it to a blog. It is supposed to be easy but I am sometimes techno challenged. This is one of those simple things that will take a while to get used to doing.
It was great to be back in the shop and good to be spindle turning. I have not done enough lately.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Darrell

nice video. What software do you use for editing etc?

At YouTube, you have a user page, which is the easiest way to direct readers to your growing video collectio:
http://youtube.com/user/DarrellSF

To embed a video in your blog, go to the you tube page and look for the embed code in a form. It looks like a bit like this ( had to remove the brackets to be able to publish this comment):

object width="425" height="350" param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NiHPBcfQ5bg" /param param name="wmode" value="transparent" /param embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NiHPBcfQ5bg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350" /embed /object

Copy that code. Then, in blogger when you are editing a post, switch to HTML mode and paste the code into your post, then publish. It really is easy:) Heck, even I can do it!

Darrell Feltmate said...

Thanks Derek. As you can see I got it figured out with your instructions. Are you figuring on doing any Truro shows this year? I am still debating even though it is home. I have been invited to the Acadia show again and it looks like it might be a go.

Anonymous said...

Hi Darrell

I haven't signed up for any shows yet this year! I guess I need to get myself organised. If I do one in Truro it will be the AC.

Have you done Acadia before? How is it?

Darrell Feltmate said...

Di Derek
The Acadia show was very good, but I say that with my folks and my brother both living in New Minas so I have no hotel expenses there. I am not sure it would be worth it otherwise. I sold mostly low and mid ticket items there. Lots of people looked, oohed and ahhed at the high stuff but bought the low.