Monday, April 30, 2007

The Start of the Dried Apple Hollow Form


The saga of turning the hollow form in dried apple begins. This wood was dry and split and had a great character to it. It has been grown for fruit so there are all kinds of stresses in the wood because of pruning and so on. There are also a lot of grain and color variations, so it is a lot of fun and has a lot of character. Even to get as far as mounting it on the lathe took a bit of work and design to consider everything that went on. I have started putting the work on the web, likely a couple of pages at a time since good old time has run away with me again, starting at Apple Hollow Form over on Around the Woods

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Seeing these kind of posts reminds me of just how technology truly is undeniably integral to our lives in this day and age, and I am fairly certain that we have passed the point of no return in our relationship with technology.


I don't mean this in a bad way, of course! Ethical concerns aside... I just hope that as technology further innovates, the possibility of downloading our memories onto a digital medium becomes a true reality. It's one of the things I really wish I could encounter in my lifetime.


(Posted on Nintendo DS running [url=http://knol.google.com/k/anonymous/-/9v7ff0hnkzef/1]R4i Card[/url] DS OperaV2)