Monday, October 16, 2006

Work in progress is done


The work in progress, a big wing bowl, I guess it might be called, is done. I will leave the explanation on the site Around the Woods Work in Progress page 11 as a work in progress for now and later I will start another and move this to a project page.
It was a lot of fun, some design on the fly, and a good learning time. I may do another with a square look inside, sort of a square hole in round bowl kind of thing. In addition, I may do one with more of an outcurve. That would be easier and faster since I could do it all with an Oland and not need the hollowing tool. There is a stack of pin cherry outside to play with.
On the other hand, Christmas is coming and although we are only doing a couple of shows this year on account of travel, I still need some ornaments, mushrooms and pens done. Lots of time for fun projects later.

No comments: